View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 2:27 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
Yeah, the Red Line in Austin ends in Leander, so I guess you gotta add Williamson CO's 400 plus thousand to the total for Austin. About the Dallas line going up to Denton, my understanding is that one of the two Carrollton stations south of Denton, the one with the park and ride, boards a boatload of regular commuters on a daily basis headed down into Dallas. That is probably the bulk of the ridership out of Denton CO at this point, but I have not seen a station by station breakdown. It is a new service and is likely to grow because, as has been pointed out, it operates frequently throughout the day and actually connects to a widespread rail system in the Dallas area. THe ridership out of Denton will probably grow too. I am curious as to what numbers are being generated out of the Denton terminus?
DCTA does give out station by station breakdown on ridership. I didn't want to bore everyone in the Austin threads with it. Just check out their Board packet items - I know the January 2013 Board packet includes December 2012 ridership stats.
http://www.dcta.net/images/stories/p...%20meeting.pdf
December 2012
Downtown Denton 8,103
Medpark 3,212
Highland Village/Lewisville Lake 2,302
Old Town Lewisville 2,252
Hebron 2,473
Trinity Mills (Carrollton/DART) 12,132
Some math:
8,103 / 30,474 = 26.5% board at Downtown Denton
12,132 / 30,374 = 39.8% board at Trinity Mills
There's both terminus for you.

Last edited by electricron; Feb 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM.