View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2021, 2:21 AM

Rail traveling across Japan in 2010

I recently begun revisiting a story of our great trip to the mysterious Japan on my blog and figured I could also be posting the same remastered photos here as well...

In April 2010 me and my wife spent four amazing weeks traveling on the Shinkansen bullet train across Japan and also South Korea. We begin our trip in the megacity of Tokyo at the Narita airport.

Back then Narita was the only international airport in Tokyo as Haneda much closer to the city was still serving mostly domestic travel. It was a fairly long train ride from NRT to city center on the cool-looking Narita Express.

While note a bullet train, Narita Express travels fast and as one approaches the city, tall buildings such as Tokyo Skytree (which was still under construction) became visible in the distance.

I have always been mesmerized by the rail network around Tokyo. Even today, there is nothing like it anywhere in the world.

Bustling crowds everywhere.

We had booked a room at the New Hankuy Hotel where all rooms enjoy an amazing view. We were lucky to get a room on the 37th floor with a view to die for...

Sudima River flows by the hotel.

Rainbow Bridge

Shinjuku skyscrapers in the distance.

Minato business district.

The largest metropolis on Earth with a population of almost 39 million people.

Tsukiji fish market nearby our hotel. We would visit here on another day.

As the sun went down, the view became even better.

During night time tokyo is one glowing ball of light that can be seen from the space.

An urban ocean of one billion lights.

This was a first of many more posts to come. I hope you enjoyed!