View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 2:54 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
It’s not our fault that , in contrast to Rome and Persia , very little architecture exists from ancient (2000 years ago) China , Japan , India etc

You can walk around the ruins of the imperial palace in Rome where Trajan and marcus Antonionius went about their business. Besides it’s architectural significance . The Pantheon is awesome because it’s still standing 1800 years later . Can’t say the same for China , it all got destroyed over time or was built of non durable materials

Also Roman concrete was durable , and the Chinese and Indians never learned the recipe
Nah. You’re just limited by your education that taught you only about Europe. For example, I was lied to in school when I was taught that Romans were so genius to have invented aqueducts. What a crock. Aqueducts were first used by the Indus Valley civilization 2500 years before the Romans. The Romans surely improved on the concept, but it was all derivative.

Sanchi in India was built around the same time that the Ancient Greeks built the Parthenon. Parts of it is still standing. Columns, temples, statues, religious shit. Whoopty doo.

Anyhow, none of it matters. None of this stuff comes close to the Great Pyramids.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q