View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 9:51 PM

In terms of new, large developments, I guess I see? Emme and the hotel(s) on Jefferson are the only recent buildings. But, there are only 2-3 open lots outside of this one in this area left any ways.

But, Lake street has really filled out with your run of the mill neighborhood type fitness/shipping/fast food places along with some better than typical restaurants/bars like moneygun and kumiko. Randolph built on the success of avec and blackbird and has filled in with a half dozen similarly aspirational places.

The area still has to balance its transient office worker mix, but personality wise it has changed the last couple years.

The larger point I was trying to make around Milwaukee/Grand was not so much to question why it is doing well. (naturally the blue line stop helps drive that) Only that I think it is the kind of place that can be similarly overlooked for geographic reasons and can be prone to not-quite-up-to-date perspectives of what it is like there.

Ultimately retail of some sort would be great, I guess I hadn't considered med-box. Hotel is an interesting idea as well, would be nice if it didn't skew towards business travel quite as much as the Hilton flags on Jefferson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
Also, one tiny step closer to a possible (albeit unlikely) capping of the Kennedy from Lake-Van Buren
same wishful thought