View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2013, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvaroLegido View Post
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Holden's strictly a single-breasted kind of guy. [MichaelRyerson]
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
What's the difference between a single-breasted kind of guy and a double-breasted kind of guy ? It may be obvious for american noirishers but not at all for a frenchie like me.
Please, Michael or Tovangar, tell me all about it.
LOL, sorry Alvaro, didn't mean to be obtuse but was just joking around. Not to put too fine a point on it, generally speaking double-breasted suits (which were in-style in the late '40's) with their extra drape had the additional benefit of hiding an expanding waistline. Of course, many very fit men wore them but Holden by virtue of a life of rigorous exercise, good genes and smoking (ugh, I know, but there it is), always kept his waistline in check and never really needed the extra drape of a double-breasted suit.