View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 2, 2007, 6:56 PM
Smile :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemanincda View Post
Wow, where did you hear that? Whoever told you that is confused. I know Rathdrum is growing really fast, but the city only had 5,740 residents as of 2005 (the last year the Census came out with city numbers). The city grew 19.2% between 2000 and 2005.

You must be talking about Post Falls. A demographer who works with the Census Bureau estimates PF will hit 65,000 by 2028 (98,000 with expected annexation)---see the above post.

I agree with your sentiment about Cd'A needing more towers. Many people talk about Post Falls passing Cd'A in population. Yes, this is almost certain to happen, but it will still be a while. Assuming 2000-2005 growth rates, PF won't pass Cd'A until 2023 or 2024 (assuming no further annexation, so it might be sooner...). Cd'A is becoming denser, and more towers will be built in the upcoming years, but Cd'A will eventually max out population wise, with around 80,000 residents. At least for the next 15 or so years, Cd'A will be #1 in population in the county, PF will be #2, Hayden #3, and Rathdrum #4.
Well, I read in the Rathdrum Star (you probably don't get it...it serves the northern half of the KC) that if and when Rathdrum develops all of is area of impact (or some technical term) that the city would have a population of 65,000 people. If you think about it though, it really isn't that unreasonable, because the potential city limits for Rathdrum are pretty big...it goes to the mid-point between hayden and rathdrum on the east, it continues south to the northern border of PF, it could go as far north of just south of Twin lakes etc.