View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post

The Culligan building was at 1307-09 West 39th Street. The building is still there...

It's basically unrecognizable; really the only clue is what appears to be a vent at the upper left of the façade:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudry View Post
You're quite welcome! That's the 800 block of West Third, the other side of Bunker Hill from downtown. The theater next door is the Lux.

Here's a later shot -- 6/65 -- with, sadly, the 831 "Money to Loan" building already demo'd. This is about mid-way between Figueroa and Flower.

While The Killing made it into Jim Dawson's excellent book on Bunker noir (The Mission Apts, etc.) I don't believe this location did, which is a shame. Second edition!
Removed the pictures not to have a mile long post, but one word: amazing! I didn't expect to get a response so early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
Link for your website?
Since you asked for it.

www.themoviedistrict.com

Launched six months ago, covering 200+ movies so far but there's still lots of work to do.

I usually wait until I have discovered at least 75% of a movie's locations before turning the information into an article. Thanks to you guys, my quota has now been reached for The Killing. Credit will be given to those who helped!