View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 8:29 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz View Post
I find it disingenuous that they're touting the high line as 'complete'. It's not. Their much advertised small nature theater bowl thing isn't remotely complete. I doubt that will open until the Hudson Yards tower that straddles it is completed.

I was also disappointed to find that the newest section of the high line is closed and locked off after 6pm. I went last weekend to explore it around sunset went it was still a gorgeous 75+ degrees outside. By the time I reached 31st St, it was 6:30 or so, and I was met with an all too familiar fence.
its not at all disingenuous, although i can see being disappointed if you were not aware of the plans. it's complete meaning open to the end of the line. they opened it earlier than planned to do that. think about it, would you rather they waited until the railyards are built out?? also, yes the spur is a construction zone. coach tower construction aside the spur was always going to be last, because for one thing nobody knew exactly what to do with that section for the longest time.

i even would add that section three itself is not in its finished form. the composite will go away and other upgrades will be done when the rail yards are more built out. so there will be ongoing disruptions and closures, but thats an urban environment for ya. for now we can enjoy the ringside railyard construction views. go back and try again -- the views are great!

more of 'pershing square beams,' the kids only play area