View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I honestly don't get it....are people expecting Parisian style apartments in O4W? This isn't SF or NYC. Rents are not high enough to justify opulent rental buildings. I can understand complaints if it's a condo building, but it's a rental in an inner neighborhood of Atlanta, not Midtown or Buckhead. It's not going to a world class looking apartment building. I can understand complaints if it was in Midtown or Buckhead. The rents justify it($2-3+ per square feet). Rents in O4W are still not high enough to justify great designs. Apartments are made to house people. In the end, all that matters is what's inside and people will live there regardless of whether it is stucco, stone, brick, or metal plates.
You're probably right, but that doesn't mean I'm supposed to bust out in applause every time some bland soviet looking building gets built in my neighborhood. Am I supposed to be grateful just because someone is doing SOMETHING?

I will say that on the positive side it's far better looking than Alexan on Krog. I can say without hyperbole or exaggeration that Alexan is the single ugliest building I've ever seen.