View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2012, 2:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

NORTHWEST MONCTON STRIP MALL UPDATE:

Photos current as of August 19th, 2012. I realize there is nothing architecturally stunning here, but between all the activity currently going on along the west end of Mountain Road, and the construction that occurred in the same area last year, anyone who hasn't been back to the neighbourhood for a few years would be gobsmacked to see the changes.

Plaza 1909 - They have removed the houses from the lots and levelled and cleared the land. Retaining walls have been installed. Construction should begin within a few weeks. The development will include a 10 unit strip mall and a seperate standalone pad. I'm glad to see that they have gone out of their way to preserve one mature tree that will sit in the middle of the parking lot.

The new Mister Lube location at Hastings Ridge. The foundation and floor are complete and framing should begin very soon. They have paved the lot in front of the building.

The new Pet Valu opened yesterday. There is room for a professional office on the second floor and a dog grooming business will also be in the mix. As you can see, they have indeed renovated the existing building housing the Cake Box and Greco.

Starbucks at the Lounsbury Centre. Interior fit and finish is going on. This should open in the next 5-6 weeks.

They have levelled and prepared the land to the west of the Irving/Circle K at the Trinity/Mountain Rd intersection. Rumour is that this will be a new Harvey's location.

On the other side of the Trinity/Mountain intersection, the former dental building is undergoing extensive renovations to create a six unit strip mall.

Building A of the Northwest Centre expansion that will house retailers displaced by the arrival of Target. This unit will include three stores, including Aaron's.

Building B of the Northwest Centre expansion will have two units, including Battery House.

For variety, I'm going to throw in this picture of the new stormwater retention pond under construction at the northbound Mountain Rd exit ramp off Wheeler Blvd.