View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 1:50 PM

I can waste time with the best of em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wig-Wag View Post
A bit of trivia relating to the light green and black automobiles seen in the lower right foreground. The light green car is a 1950 Pontiac Streamliner 2-door and was my first car. I am not as up on my Chevys of the period but the black car is a Chevy. Both makes shared nearly identical styling from 1949 to 1952. the beauty of this shot is that the view shows the two key identifying features of both. Chevys had a slightly shorter front end and a flat section at the top of the front wheel well opening, whereas the Pontiacs had a longer front end and a symmetrical arch to the wheel well.

This nonsense should aid in differentiating the two marks in other street scenes posted on NLA. No need to thank me. Wasting time and creating boredom is my reward. . .

Cheers,
Jack
My first car was also a '50 Pontiac although in my case a Catalina two-door hard top. Bought it from the widow Wilson who didn't drive and had left it in the side driveway of her house for several years following her husband's passing. Paid thirty-five dollars for it, bought four used tires and a brand new battery at the Richfield station and I was good to go. Got a lot of service out of that car.

1950 Pontiac Chief hood ornament

My hood ornament looked like this...sorta.