View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 11:44 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

R143 - Original Brown M Shuttle Train Announcements (Myrtle Av to Metropolitan round trip)

Another throwback video to the times when the R143s ran on the M line shuttle between Myrtle Av Broadway and Metropolitan Avenue. The R143s had a slightly different announcement program compared to the R160s that ran on the M shuttle.

Original Brown M Shuttle train announcements from Myrtle Avenue / Broadway in Brooklyn to Middle village - Metropolitan Avenue in Queens via the Myrtle Avenue Line.

These audio clips were sent to me to be restored and were originally recorded sometime pre 2007.

Video Link

Original 2006 R160 A Local Train Announcements - From 30 Day Acceptance Test - to Far Rockaway

A special upload taking you back to 2005/2006 when the R160s are brand new, here are the original automated announcements from the 30 day acceptance testing on the A line , Bound for Far Rockaway Mott Avenue.
As a bonus i also added the weekday / weekend / night / rush hour transfers at the appropriate stops.

Original transfers recorded between August and October of 2006 during the revenue acceptance testing and merged with higher quality audio that was recorded at various times from 2014 to 2019.

Video Link

Original 2001 - R143 L Train Announcements to Canarsie / Rockaway Parkway

A special upload this time, here are the original automated announcements recorded from a R143 L train circa 2001 - 2002. I put some effort into levling out and reducing the distortion on some of the audio clips and making one uniform audio file, let me know how i did.

From 8 Avenue in Mahattan to Canarsie - Rockaway Parkway in Brooklyn via 14 Street Local.

Some notable differences from today's (2019) version:

All transfers done by Charlie Pellet , a different "Next stop" and "this is" announcement, the "Next and last stop is" announcement hasnt been added, some defunct routes are announced and the lack of any Select Bus service routes.

Video Link

R142 4 Train via 2 Line Announcements - To Nereid Avenue / 238 Street

Here are the automated announcements for a rerouted number 4 train being sent up to Nereid Avenue - 238 Street via the White Plains Road Line (2 / 5 lines)

From Crown Heights - Utica Avenue in Brooklyn to Nereid Avenue in the Bronx via Eastern Parkway Express / Lexington Avenue Express / White Plains - Bronx Express .

Announcements recorded in 2014 and 2019.

Video Link