View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 8:35 PM

I wonder how much this has to do with Niagara Falls existing largely in the shadow of other cities especially Toronto. Whenever people visit my family in Toronto we take them to Niagara Falls for the day but almost always come back for dinner.

I'm sure it's the same for many others, where the falls are just one stop on a larger trip to Toronto, or Southern Ontario/Quebec or the US Northeast. So if they want entertainment, shows, shopping etc they'll likely want to do that during their time in Toronto, NYC, Montreal or even Buffalo instead.

Unlike Vegas, entertainment is still not the main reason to go to NF. I think it's very difficult to outshine the original and there is and only ever will be one Vegas. NF won't match Vegas just like Atlantic City also won't. The entertainment in NF exists because it only takes an hour to see the falls so people want other things to do for the rest of their day in the area. Whether that's Marineland, the waterparks, the aviary, the butterfly house, the various attractions to see the Niagara Gorge and rapids, the botanical gardens, the winery tours, Niagara on the Lake, the imax, the Skylon Tower... there are a variety of attractions to occupy visitors for the rest of their day and for the region to benefit economically.

But most visitors will be more focussed on seeing the falls themselves and Toronto.