View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2011, 1:01 PM

Simply incredible work, Kevin.

And comparing the park THEN with the park NOW (Sebisebster's color photo, further back up the page)......

How I hate artsy-fartsy planner types. That brutal angular tower. The garish purple. The retarded giant orange concrete balls. The predictable "water feature", in this case to invoke the Zanja Madre, of course, but which does nothing more than look like a downspout during a heavy rain.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent on the name-brand, fancy-pants professional designers of this atrociousness.....and came away with an end-product not 1/10th as good as what a handful of amateur town burghers did 120 years ago.

DEVO was right.

My - this spot looks inviting. About as much as a Target parking lot. Did the city pay extra for those constellation depictions?

The ice skating is cool, but they could have set that up anywhere.....

And just to show I'm not being especially hard on Modern Man: NYC also spent millions on refurbishment of Bryant Park a few years back. On 42nd Street, in the same block as the NY Public Library. I'm sure many of you have been there, or at least heard of it.

It's gorgeous.

Last edited by malumot; Feb 25, 2011 at 1:41 PM.