View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2011, 2:16 AM

I've always loved the shotguns. I don't see why they don't just continue making them. if there's now some kind of reflective sign law, then just make the letters reflective white, then.

I'm not sure if I like the new street signs that are popping up downtown, I noticed them about a year ago or so (maybe 2?). They at first popped up near City Hall and the new LAPD headquarters, and then some months ago I noticed a few in Little Tokyo and in the Arts District-- but none outside of downtown (not yet, anyway). To me they look like they're trying to emulate an older shape, but the material used (thin, chintzy, reflective)-- I'm somehow not feeling it.

Pasadena used to have total old school type of street signs, until about 2003 or 2004, when they switched to what I think are very generic-looking reflective green signs with white lettering, street signs I totally associate with suburban areas and Orange County; and for some reason, it seems to me that many cities in other states also use nondistinctive green rectangular street signs. Why, I wonder? I do know of one older Pasadena street sign that still exists; for some reason, their public works department left it alone; I think because it's on the border of South Pasadena; it's actually on the South Pasadena side of the border. If it were daytime right now I'd've taken a picture of it and the generic newer ones. Oh well.

~ Charles Bukowski