View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 21, 2020, 3:57 PM
Hong Kong

On this day - Dec 21 in ...

2012 - Bangkok
The Grand Palace is easily the most worthwhile attraction to visit in the city. While there is no train station nearby, it is walkable from the river boat stop. There was no shortage of tourist crowds, but I got some moments of tranquility to admire the gold and many more colours.

2013 - Hanoi, Vietnam
My week-long excursion around north and central Vietnam got off to a good start. France's colonial legacy is still alive and well here with this ornate opera house, although the busy old quarter seemed more interesting to me.

2016 - Toronto
A white Christmas is not always guaranteed as the coldest part of winter tends to start in January. Even though snow can fall in November already, it could have melted by the time December rolls around. This postcard shot with the Flatiron is quite a standard photo, and the St. Lawrence Market nearby is a lovely place to enjoy a nice meal.