View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 5:36 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
For all the time I have ever spent in NYC,I mostly,if not only,spend it all in the boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens. I was even born in Queens,and what I can remember from my childhood, I only visited Manhattan a few times, and when I did, it wasn't solely for enjoyment....This thread has reminded me that Manhattan and the rest of New York are really something else. No other place in the east coast has as much diversity and greatness as this metropolis on the Hudson. The next time I get a chance to visit again,I'm going to live these moments more often.
That's typical. Most New Yorkers see Manhattan as just another part of the city, and can "take it or leave it". It's once you get away from the area that you realize how special it is. I'm mostly outer bourough by nature, but Manhattan is where it all comes together. There's a reason its seen as "New York" by visitors, or "the City" but those that live around but outside of Manhattan.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.