View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2014, 7:11 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Bowery Boogie:

Plans for Andy Warhol Museum at Essex Crossing SPURA Site Are Moving Forward
Posted on: May 19th, 2014 at 5:08 am | by Elie

Essex Crossing rendering with 75 Essex incorporated, Photo: Essex Crossing

Quote:
One of the many wildcards of the new Essex Crossing development is a high-profile Warhol Museum outpost. Though initially included in the initial proposal pitched by the Delancey Street Associates consortium, there was still uncertainty as to whether it would happen. Until this past Saturday.

Reps confirmed to the museum’s hometown paper, the Pittsburg Post-Gazette, that the twenty-year-old institution is indeed moving forward with the 10,000 square-foot SPURA locale. It’ll be housed on parcel number one, currently the Broome Street municipal parking lot. But there is still plenty of work to be done, lots of crossing t’s and dotting lowercase j’s.

The developers are apparently footing the cost for the Andy Warhol Museum, slated for completion in 2017. They will also pay for any operating deficits in the first five years of its existence.

Andy Warhol was born and raised in Pittsburg, hence the location. There are reportedly no plans to ever move the OG museum.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~