View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoronto View Post
Simons was never considered a high end store like Nordstroms. If anything it is known for bringing affordable fashion to the masses. Yes some stores do have high end designer names, but overall Simons is all about their house brand which is what makes it unique. I never buy anything at Simons but their house brand, because the other names you can get anywhere.
But Simons' house brand stuff is truly unique, and I always get asked where I get my nice clothing from when I wear Simons clothes. My American co-workers especially find Simons clothing interesting, and always ask where my clothes are from.

I do fear however that as Simons expands to the rest of Canada, they are going to lose some of their cutting edge unique designs. I say this because Simons apparently has had to adjust their clothing for Edmonton where they are less fashion forward and larger than Quebec people. That to me would be boring to have a dumbed down Simons.
the point was borught up earlier that simons and nordstroms shouldn't open next to each other where as i disagree they are nothing alike

i find simons to be like a giant H&M with a few designer brand names thrown in

overall its a great store but its not a full fledged department store in my eyes