View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 12:27 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBruin View Post
I found most of the homeless people in Chicago to be quite polite. Most of them seemed to just want to sit down with me and tell me their backstory. I guess it was a ploy to get money, but nobody was super aggressive when I politely declined.

I had a homeless person get up and cough on me when I wouldn't give them money in LA. It was a whole different sort of thing.
Yeah I’ve volunteered at a couple of soup kitchens and a food pantry when I lived in Chicago and I’ve volunteered here in Sacramento and I can honestly say there is a big difference in the homeless population here and the homeless in Chicago. We have a lot of unsheltered here in California with serious substance abuse and mental health issues. Granted, we have some who’ve became homeless and don’t want to be but we have a number who lack the mental capacity to be on the streets and many others who are more concerned where they’ll find their next fix (or 40 ounce).