View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
A meeting was held several months ago with the City of Phoenix, Dept. of Streets, Police, and Downtown Phoenix Partnership. At that time, the City agreed to modify the way they moved people out of the Stadiums. Despite that commitment, nothing has changed.

It was pointed out at the meeting that other Cities have ballparks, but they do not shut down traffic throughout the City when the games ended. However, there was great concern that people might jaywalk, and then be struck by cars if the City of Phoenix did not continue with their "sunburst evacuation" plan.

Until we get some people in the government that have actually spent time in a real downtown, we may be stuck with such ridiculous positions.
That's just, I don't know what to say! Couldn't some one as still get struck by a car under their current plan? Better tell the Suns and D'backs to close up shop, some one my get hit by a car while jaywalking after the game. That is the worst and dumbest excuse I've ever heard and I've heard, "I'm too lazy to do it."