Thread: Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 1:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
He is the top four defenseman under the defensive coach who is most likely going to be sacked in the off season, after many years of lackluster quality in the back end. Enstrom and Stuart are both garbage, and need to go.

Also, Poolman is right handed, but if you watched some NCAA hockey you would notice that Poolman plays most games on the left side. Which is exactly why he would replace Enstrom. Byfuglien, Trouba and Myers are all locked in on the right side, meaning that Poolman will probably play next year on the left side. In fact it is more common than you think for D men to play on their off side, same with forwards.

I never said Poolman would be a star, in fact I don't think he will be, but;

if you knew anything about him, you would know that he is great offensively, is amazing on special teams (something the Jets could use all the help they can get with) he also has a really solid first pass, which is always needed on the left side. He also has a nasty wrist shot, which is heavily utilized playing on your off side, something you know when you play or watch the game (look at Laine on Power Plays). I personally think the Jets will have him in the line up this year, and he could easily take over Enstrom's roll if he falls into place nicely. Just look at how nicely Morrisey fell into place. Now he wasn't drafted at the same spot as Morrisey, but he has gone through some major changes and improvements in his game since 2013. He definitely needs to step up, because he only has one year to do it, with his contract being up next year as well. But since being drafted he has really grown, and I can see him being the number 2 left side d under Morrisey. He might eventually be a last pairing D, because Stanley is also a beast, and is hu-ugeee (Also left side D)!

Enstrom is a UFA in 2018, and I don't see the Jets resigning. Another thing you are forgetting, the little man has always been plagued with injuries.

I don't know what LHD and RHD mean, can you clarify?

I have watched every Jets game I could since they came back. I also follow the moose and the Jets drafts. I watch WHL hockey, OHL hockey, and NCAA hockey. I have season tickets to the Vancouver Giants and go to every game (Though I am naturally a Wheat Kings fan, I just live in Vancouver). I also grew up playing hockey right up to the OJHL, and will be going to play in Germany this August for DEL 2. If DEL 2 doesn't pan out (because I have to actually try out in August in a showcase to make the team) then my plan b is to open a hockey training facility in Vancouver & Winnipeg similar to the Total Hockey facility in Minnesota. I think I know a little bit about hockey. Just because my opinion doesn't line up with yours doesn't mean you should automatically discount what I have to say, as someone who doesn't watch hockey, and when it comes down to it, it seems you are the one who doesn't seem to follow enough to know all the facts.
LHD: Left Handed Defenseman
RHD: Right Handed Defenseman