View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 12:21 AM

^ I am pretty sure there's a few new buildings proposed for those lots on Broadway but it's completely slipping my mind.

In other news, there is a new 3800 capacity music venue with full service restaurant opening at 640 W Cermak opening in February or early March 2020. It looks like they've already booked some semi big or big names - Dillon Francis, Carl Cox, Lil Wayne, Killswitch Engage, Alkaline Trio, and Bad Religion. Why am I posting about this? It's right across the Cermak bridge from that huge warehouse being renovated by Chinese developers for a new 200 room hotel with a handful of restaurants, huge Chinese grocery store, huge spa, etc. Also, another Chinese developer is planning on a vacant lot just a block or so north of this to build 7 or 8 new buildings with over 200 new residential units and over 100K sq ft of retail space. That same developer already renovated part of a warehouse across from that vacant lot for a new Chinese mall.

Could this little area suddently pop up seemingly overnight? And speaking of Chinatown - does anyone know whether the new Chinatown hotel on Wentworth started construction yet? They got a building permit for it a few months ago.

Last edited by marothisu; Dec 17, 2019 at 12:53 AM.