Thread: GO Transit
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2008, 6:07 AM

Wow, did I unintentionally spark something?

I do too hope for a systemwide LRT system. However, the Highway 8/401 corridor will likely still remain an important bus corridor between Sportsworld and Hespeler Road.
When i said transitway style stop, I meant dedicated bus (/hov?) lanes with a stop on the side of the highway similar to the ones found on the side of the 417 in Kanata and the Queensway in Gloucester as opposed to a full station on a fully separated busway, that would just be silly . There would be a simple stop on the side of the Highway 8 with an overpass/underpass connecting them to a terminal either at the tracks or at Sportsworld Crossing.

This would especially be important if the Rail/Coronation route is chosen for the LRT as there would also be a need to maintain iXpress style service along Hespeler Road. And, create a new service for Conestoga College.

And even in the interim, It's a shame that there is no iXpress stop at Sportsworld. Also, assuming that the Conestoga Mall to Fairview Mall phase of the LRT is built first, it may take many more years for them to construct the Cambridge Phase.

I guess it really all depends on the scheduling for the highway widening and interchange improvements.

BTW, this is definitely in the wrong thread. Oh well...