View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey711MN View Post
It's interesting to see the order of your posting above with the one immediately following.

I, for one, have never thought that TBC has any interest in building train tunnels unless they were a tunneling sub for the eventual heavy civil contractor for the LRT lines.

If I'm TxDOT, I would at least entertain entering into some sort of PPP to enable TBC to build those tunnels, i.e. similar to the concession agreement on the southern portion of SH 130.

That seems to set up a downtown travel "product" range of options that are good (expanded general purpose lanes over the coming decade), better (new LRT w/ downtown tunnels as recently passed with Prop A), and best (new express, single-vehicle lanes for autonomous EVs only, i.e. Tesla or compatible, as implied by TBC's push into Austin).
I agree with this. TBC is much more likely to be interested in the highway tunneling than with the downtown subway.

Though . . . isn't TBC arriving here waaaay prematurely for either project? We've got years of planning and prep work before bids go out, right?

Why would they open an office here now?