View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
This is really interesting. A couple things to note. Population stats are 8 years old. The other thing is that population parameter area is strange because my understanding when they figure potential television revenue they use a much wider area. I believe we are in the Broncos “watershed”. So I would expect for us it would be Idaho, Western Wyoming and all of Utah. If the team were good you probably could pull Northern Nevada and all of WY.
Yeah, the population stats are 8 years old as are the income numbers but along that same line the cost to maintain a team has also probably increased as well. I don't think a team's decision would be drastically different today honestly.

You could look at designated media area rankings to see how combing parts of Wyoming, Idaho and northern Nevada change it but other cities will have similar and probably better larger populations to pull from. A city like Raleigh, as one example, would be pulling from all kinds of medium sized population centers around NC, such as Winston-Salem.