View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Just throwing this out for debate:

Is anyone else feel underwhelmed concerning the new renderings compared to the previous? The density and architecture have been substantially watered down. Considering GSU/Carter paid $30 Million for the 70 acres (or $428K an acre), you would think they would have more in the kitty to build something more impressive than what they have just presented. Just my $0.02.
I'd be curious how much of that $30 million is tied to the stadium as opposed to the land itself considering those costs wouldn't tie into the land basis for the other parcels being developed (assuming GSU is writing that off considering its their stadium).

With that said, the early renders are always going to be ambitious and more pie-in-the-sky. For example, all the buildings have green roofs, it looks like almost all buildings have podium parking, maybe a few with structured parking, and one complex in the foreground with an under served surface parking lot. That is to say, it all looks very expensive and would need high rents to justify building and this area, despite its promise, its just not going to deliver those rents so the new renders probably reflect a more realistic build out.

However, this is a large project with what I presume to be multiple phases and I imagine as the area improves, through their developmental efforts and other gentrifying forces in nearby neighborhoods, that the plans can charge to better address the changing market dynamics. We will see, but either way, I'm very excited to see how this area develops.