View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 12:07 AM
Babylon falling

SDFAN : "Great updates. Anyone else notice that 10th & E is directly next to Pinnacles proposed tower? I wonder if that's going to affect whether it gets built or not. We have already seen a proposed project die because another proposal blocked views."

I believe you are referring to a project on Cortez Hill not moving forward, but the "proposed" building that will block its views is still just that a proposal. Do these developers talk to eachother and say "hey are you actually going to build your project or just sit there for years"? Like we have discussed before there are probably about 10 or so sizable "proposals" that have been sitting for 3 or 4 years now. It is so frustrating.

So are you saying this 10th and E would not get built or the Pinnacle would go unbuilt? When are we going to get to the point where it isn't all about views? It should be about the downtown experience and life in SD not just "views". Does San Francisco have this issue or Portland? I doubt it, hell look at Vancouver they have built so much shit that tons of towers that had views 10 years ago don't anymore.