View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 4:11 AM
Doctor, The Doctor...Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey7312 View Post
These all look great! I also like the new and updated Philly city block models. Could you show me a comparison between polished white, unpolished white, metallic, & frosted?
Thanks! I remember you from the previous thread for the full color Philly blocks. Unfortunately, they didn't have the success rate I was hoping for hence the new (and improved, in my opinion) models for printing in various plastics with 'nicer' tolerances.

You can see the Shapeways renders for all of the materials on each product page by choosing the material from the drop down box on the upper right side of the listing - what you'll see are the separated parts for each model (2 or 3 for each over 200mm tall) - the default image when you first visit the page shows a render of the 'assembled' model that I uploaded to get the matching Shapeways render image to use in the actual listing. Since I haven't printed any of them yet, I can't show off the actual material prints, but the renders do a pretty good job of conveying the look. Here are a few below for the Oriental Pearl Tower that I just uploaded!

White Strong and Flexible and White Strong and Flexible Polished:

Metallic Plastic and Frosted Ultra Detail:

They're not the largest images since they have to create these renders for every material and every model uploaded but they give a good indication of the look of each material.

And here are some Solidworks screen shots showing the vector lines on the Oriental Pearl Tower.

Any suggestions for the next one?