View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2018, 5:49 PM

The location for this building illustrates how the West Loop has evolved as a very strong office market. Back in the day, the West Loop was known for lower level brick loft buildings that housed manufacturing companies (esp. electrical and food processing). As things changed, I became involved in the financing of the current multi level parking garage that will be demolished for BMO Harris building to be completed. In the late 1980's this garage was built in response to what was considered an influx of "loft office developments" and the original owners felt there would be strong demand. Actually there was not the degree of demand at that time and the property was foreclosed due to substandard demand and revenues. I believe Amtrak owns the property now and the not so attractive parking garage will be demolished shortly.

The proposed building is attractive but to me there seems to be an abundance of these blue glassed 50-60 story building being built lately. Wish this had some real "wow" factor as you see this building coming east on the the Eisenhower. Nevertheless it will be a nice addition.

One last question.....where will all the commuter parkers now park in the area? So many lots are being built on and this parking garage has a large parking capacity. Like to hear others thoughts on the West Loop parking situation. Thanks.