View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2006, 10:21 PM
Trendy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Bolivar
After this post I'm done commenting on the state of the economy. Having absurd sprawl around a city does not make for a hot economy--check back in 20 years to places that have been overwhelmed with infrastructure costs.
And what do you say to those cities that are rapidly densifying in the core at the same time?

Quote:
Back to Buffalo--"Ain't that the truth" and things are getting worst everyday. This is an absurd statement not based on anything that's happening in Buffalo. Last I checked there were a multitude of large and small projects happening around downtown. As for population loss--Buffalo needs to show some guts and dispute the population freefall stats coming from the census bureau. They tried to do the same thing to St. Louis and St. Louis disputed the figures which actually led to a population increase.
While I believe Buffalo is much better than it was in the 70s/80s, do you honestly believe that the city is increasing in population when even the metro is declining? That's quite the stretch, IMO.

DallasTexan-Boomer-DhallassTecksanne-Disceaux Fantasia-Sulley-Optimus Prime-Gloria Estefan

...and others I've surely forgotten...