View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2013, 7:55 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Guys, we need the Steel Toe Boot Squad to come out swinging for this one. I want to see at least 10 of us at every meeting.

If you're a lurker, and don't want to meet with us - that's fine. Just please show up independently. If you're not comfortable speaking, clap after someone who speaks in support.

This is just the beginning for us. We are going to BOOM and, if Jeddy's right, it's going to blow your mind.

My goal is to accomplish three things:

1. Preserve the heritage areas of downtown. Once we're a city of 500,000, a million, even more... our entire existing downtown is going to be a fraction of the size of the one we'll have. Why not preserve ALL the heritage areas, and have a beautiful little remnant of our past like great European cities?

2. Expand our downtown. It's too small for our current population. We're trying to cram too much down there... heritage, development, etc. We need to expand west.

3. WELCOME DEVELOPMENT IN APPROPRIATE AREAS. I want Stantec to have as easy a ****ing ride as possible with this one. I want developers to know they are MORE THAN WELCOME outside the heritage areas. PLEASE build here... don't send your investment somewhere else.