View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 7:13 AM

Talking From Sadykadie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albany NY View Post
Welcome, Amybang! I guess you and I are (almost) neighbors. I'm in Albany, NY. The cities of Boston and Albany are very lucky in that we both have many old buildings that are still architecturally original. As you know, many older LA buildings are forced to lose some of their ornamentation (and some of their character) due to earthquakes. I have included below a particularly beautiful building from Albany that still stands but, sadly, would not be able to survive intact in LA. I really hope you visit this forum as often as you can and enjoy exploring old Los Angeles as much as I do. Everyone here has made me feel welcome and appreciated, and the contributions by literally everyone are enjoyable and enlightening. I guarantee that the more you explore old LA, the more you will find to love on your journey!

http://www.wnyc.org/
(I know....it's not LA and it's not noir. I'm just welcoming a new friend, okay?)
You're right Albany, that beautiful building would never survive in LA. And we're the poorer for it! Wish we could just leave well enough alone with the old buildings. Welcome to the coolest site on the internet (that's the truth according to me)