View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRR View Post
-Hawaiian Pizza in the bowling alley on North Albert my dad knew the owner and man was the pie good. I called him Pizza George think he had a few other restaurants. In fact I think he had one in the Old Georgia hotel.

The Fun House on Broad last time I can remember being in there was 1992 ish. It was shut down for many years but still had inventory for years afterwards.

There was a little store downtown I want to say in the Galleria but only accessible from the outside. sold metal t-shirts and pipes and what not J & J’s I want to say. Very similar to Charisma on Scarth, but a much smaller store.

Directly across the street from Leboldus there were some people that ran a video store out of their garage and a beauty salon in their living room. The ultimate home based businesses. They were shut down for piracy if memory serves.

Across the street from the old Plains Hotel I seem to remember there was a grocery store where the Credit Union building now is. There was a restaurant and a gas station also. Do I have that right?

Cinnamon Spider Condom shop?

Was the name of the Greek Restaurant next to the Free House the Embassy or something it was a Vietnamese place the last time I was in town.

There was a school in Lake View near St Pius. Was demolished in early 80s now houses. Can anyone remember it’s name?
You are correct about the grocery store where Sherwood Place now is. Directly across the street, [on 12th/Albert] is where RMP used to be located. I - think - RMP relocated to South albert in '79.