View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 4:42 PM

The one saving grace, in my mind, is that Nor-Gen still would have won had Moore graded Peach the equivalent of the lowest legitimate vote cast and Nor-Gen the equivalent of the highest vote cast. In other words, had he scored Peach 700 and Nor-Gen 980, Nor-Gen still would have won. This still doesn't make me feel better about the project given the complete lack of financing for half of the proposed construction and the poor grading on the construction schedule.

If I'm Rio Nuevo, my priorities on this project are construction schedule and available capital. Everyone but Moore scored Nor-Gen lower on construction schedule, which was oddly weighted less than every other field but one.

As for financial capacity, everyone seemingly ignored the fact that much of Nor-Gen's proposal will not be financed by Nor-Gen. Thus, their personal financial capacity doesn't really mean much and the fact that they're relying on ABOR should have probably counted against them.

So, TLDR, I think the decision was flawed but at least Moore wasn't able to game it on his own.