View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 2:46 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
We're getting into a different discussion re: alleys and the separation of automobile and pedestrian traffic. There are advantages and disadvantages. Personally I think a man should be able to pull up to his castle and enter through the front door, instead of scurrying around in the dark like rats
from my observations of those living in suburban houses with attached garages, they seem to most often enter/exit their home through the garage door that leads to the mudroom and then to the back of the kitchen, as though they were some sort of commoner butler or maid. how regal!

but the fact that you first think of leaving and returning to your home via car indicates how car-oriented you are. i would have to imagine that i enter/exit my home via our actual literal front door much more than the average suburbanite, but that's because i'm much more likely to be on foot when i leave home vs. hopping in our car off the alley in back.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Oct 28, 2020 at 3:33 PM.