View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 1:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
It's a pretty nice tower! I just wish it would have been 200 feet taller.....
Perhaps if this had been in Manhattan where there is more demand, it would have been. But it's a start, and Brooklyn needs the office space.

But this is what I have been saying about New York's office buildings, and the need to continually build. It's a city that just can't rely on office stock built over 50 years ago, and why sometimes older buildings have to get demolished. Our buildings aren't just here for show.

Quote:
“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

“This project is yet another step in the push to create a new commercial business district in Downtown Brooklyn that goes back to the Group of 35 Report I commission over 10 years ago. Tech is booming in Brooklyn – and these are businesses that only want to grow in Brooklyn – Brooklyn is in their DNA. We must make sure adequate commercial space exists to allow continued job growth. Kudos to Mayor de Blasio for this forward thinking development and the larger goal of adding 3.1 million square feet of new office space in Downtown Brooklyn.”
3.1 msf is just a drop in the bucket overall citywide, but it's a significant amount of new office space added to Downtown Brooklyn where a lot of residential development is taking place. I wonder what other developers in the area the city can or will target for a "flip".

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.