View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
It was also Republicans like Jeff Denham who threw up one procedural roadblock after another.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...entral-valley/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I guess I would just ask that if President Obama hadnot lost Congress in 2010, what reason do you have to believe they would not have continued to pass HSR funding for the next 6 years???
My point was you are wrong in saying Republicans are to blame for HSR being delayed(perhaps indefinitely) in California. I disagree with you. I've made my points so I guess we will see when inevitably the next Democrat becomes president and presumably has a Democratic majority house and senate. But, IMO, to assume Rep. are to blame for this fiasco just shows people wanting to blame anyone but themselves.

PS, I want this project to be a reality. I am however not happy with the costs as other countries have shown it can be done for much cheaper with same quality. We should have Japan build our system, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
This thread has no subject any more. Now we're conflating the private and failed Las Vegas-to-Nowhere high speed rail with CAHSR (they have separate threads for a reason that some here apparently refuse to consider), and the usual partisans are busy posting about national partisan politics.

Mods should just shut this sad thread down.
The LV HSR rail would prove ultimately to be of great significance in a truly regional HSR network. Imagine people claiming the entire interstate system is irrelevant to I-40 which is a major part of it. It all works together. We need the LV HSR but as proposed this is sure to fail and ultimately hurt HSR as a whole because of the way it has marketed to the public and their opinion that is sure to become once they see this fail. Who in their right mind that lives in SoCal would take HSR to Vegas from Victorville after having driven for hours!? Now if it were from Union station then I agree.

Also this project needs to be concurrent to a widening of I-15 to 6-8 lanes. That should be something Caltrans is doing. Then build the HDC(WITH THE FUCKING FREEWAY) and include HSR. Then have private interest tunnel through the Cajon pass and Antelope Valley. This would serve commuter and regional traffic. Could all be done concurrently. Would be a mix of private and public funds.