View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malumot View Post

What is that tower just to the north of the Normal School? Actually there might be two towers - a tall one and a shorter one? Looks like lattice design. Some kind of construction crane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post

ebay

That is a very good question malumot. I can't figure out that lattice-like structure for the life of me.
WOW! the lattice tower is indeed a construction derrick for the engstrum hotel which is under construction across the street from the state normal school on 5th street....did i say wow? WOW!!!

behind the derrick is the hildreth "house of sorrows" at 4th and hope

all these ebay glass images are amazing E_R! thank you for posting them, (even though you have posted some spectacular images over the years from ebay postings, i never look there to find images. thank you for doing that for the rest of us!!!!)

this image below is particularly amazing, (well at least to me). the old city hall tower is on the right, with the hall of records looming behind. over the top of the hall of records is the tower of the old courthouse. the two towers in the upper left belong to the 2nd los angeles school building, (on the right), and the bradbury mansion (on the left).......did i say wow?.....WOW!!!!!!

in this image, the zelda is the big apartment building at top center, (located at grand and 4th). the tower poking up behind the zelda is the brunson mansion. The front facade of the brunson is visible just to the right of the zelda. across the street from the zelda to the right is the rose mansion. Simply amazing photographs