View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2009, 9:18 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
On another note, the medias geographic ignorance continues here. Apparently 4343 N. 7th Ave is "Downtown" even though its actually 2.5 miles North of the very Northern edge of Downtown (McDowell) and even more if you count the I-10 as the edge of Downtown like I do.

Its especially frustrating considering the nightclub that the article is about is in a well defined neighborhood, Melrose. Im sure the Melrose Neighborhood Assoc. and the 7th Ave Merchants association really don't appreciate their names not being used in the article and it instead being called "Downtown." I sent an email to the articles author, I tried to be polite but it makes me crazy.

Does anyone have any smart ideas on what can be done about this sort of thing? Maybe its not worth worrying about it, but it seems important to me. How can we expect Downtown, Melrose, or any 'hood to grow a good reputation if no one knows where they are? Maybe the city should send out emails/maps to the Republic and New Times...I dunno but it makes me feel like Im banging my head against a wall.