View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 7:32 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Wow! What a great shots! When the Observation decks is open for public? Can we have a invitations? Can I do photography? I would like to go on the tour opportunity for me.
Seriously?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/03/ny...is-remade.html

Condé Nast Moves Into the World Trade Center as Lower Manhattan Is Remade

By CHARLES V BAGLI
NOV. 2, 2014

Quote:
On Monday morning, Charles Townsend, chief executive of Condé Nast, will lead the employees, mostly executive and administrative workers, inside the tower, past the discreet silver letters spelling out Condé Nast and over to the elevators. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide spectacular views. There will be little pomp and circumstance, in part because Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo is on the campaign trail and unable to attend. In a statement released on Sunday night, Mr. Cuomo said, “We remember that strength and courage will always conquer weakness and cowardice.”

A more formal ceremony marking the move may happen before the end of the year. It will be February before the company is completely relocated to Lower Manhattan.

It will occupy floors 20 through 44, a total of 1.2 million square feet.

Anna Wintour, the editor of Vogue magazine who inspired the novel and film “The Devil Wears Prada,” will move to the 25th floor along with her staff, while Graydon Carter, the editor of Vanity Fair, will take the 41st floor.

Mr. Townsend and the executive suite will be housed on 42.

But Condé’s highest, and presumably most sought after floor, is going to the company’s law firm, Sabin, Bermant & Gould.

Condé Nast is not the first to move into the trade center towers. Last Monday, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey began moving into its space at 4 World Trade Center, a 72-story tower built by developer Larry Silverstein that opened last year.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM.