View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
Wow, some really great posts! Great Harold Lloyd post, gsjansen. And malumot, great post on the Crown Motel. I love the maps you posted, too.

This is probably a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone might have any info on a place called the Wulpole Hotel, on or near Main and 5th in downtown Los Angeles? I ask because... well, it's kind of a long story, but on a birth certificate dated from 1946, for the address listed for the birth parents, all it says is "Wulpole Hotel, Main and 5th, Los Angeles." There's no exact street address given. I've looked up Wulpole Hotel online and can't find any info on it.
I second all the great posts-toast!

As for the Wulpole -- nothing in the Yellow Pages, '40 or '47, under Apts or Hotel, for anything with a W ending in "pole"...nor is there anything in the '42 City directory. Was it typed or handwritten? I'm wondering now whether it may be an odd-looking M? (I tried Maypole, no luck there either.) I ask because I have famously poor handwriting and I could pen "platypus" and it would come out looking like "Wulpole."