View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 30, 2012, 5:55 PM

Well, the Calgary Tower still provides great views, and it still has a bar, right? It should also provide a fantastic view of the construction of this new project, and its end result. (Ahem, again/further pointing out the diminishing status/role of the CalgaryT). Oh well. That's progress!

Does anyone really want a new super-tall lookout stand-alone tower in Calgary? I don't like the look of the ones in the Southern Hemisphere. But maybe they could build a cool-shaped office cone around this tower with the peak remaining the same. (Think Vancouver Harbour Centre 21st Century/Calgary Tower/ Shanghai Tower morph.)... And that cute little flame from the '88 Olympics still remains the same....

I hope this Thread proposal goes ahead like many a one in T.O., whereby they get approved, and then get additionally approved for more height. Okay, give this baby the 247M, but then approve another 15M down the road. Come on, Calgary, you know you want it.... :>)

LeftCoaster, I got it. I'm in film, and sometimes the crew, or a whole department, has just gotta go. 'Nuff said.