View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 6:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyDoug View Post
Excuse me, occasionally I do have an opinion that's mine. Sorry if that offends you.

Griffith Park
Doug, I remember a couple of months ago when you talked about how rabbit meat used to be much easier to find in markets before the 1970s. As a kid in the 1960s, I remember seeing rabbit in the meat departments when I went shopping with my parents. Are there any markets where you can get it anymore? I'm eager to give it a try. It is supposed to be very healthy to eat, low fat, etc. I saw a show on CNN Sunday on the regions and cooking of Italy hosted by the actor Stanley Tucci and part of one show talked about the island of Ischia off Naples where rabbits are a favorite dish and it looked very good. But first need to buy it. Can't figure out why a healthy tasty meat like thst became hard to find in stores. Maybe "bunny wabbits" became too cute to eat? Kids raised on Bugs Bunny cartoons refused to eat it so the parents stopped buying it? Well, chickens are somewhat cute, but we eat them. Anyway, that show on Italy reminded me. Your posts here are always interesting. Thanks.

Last edited by CaliNative; Mar 5, 2021 at 6:39 AM.