View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2011, 6:28 PM

Speaking of "Mildred Pierce," the beach house in the film was located at what is now 26652 Latigo Shore Drive in Malibu. The beach house scenes for the film were shot here in December 1944. Here are some cheapie pics I took off of my computer monitor from the "Mildred Pierce" DVD.

Ever notice in movies of that era, that the passenger gets into and out of a car on the driver's side? And, if the car is parked at the curb, the driver will enter/exit the car from the passenger's side? I always thought that was weird.

The house was destroyed after a powerful storm in 1983.

Latigo Shore Drive branches off from PCH just west of Corral Canyon Drive and parallels the shoreline, while PCH continues west, ascending a bluff. But originally, PCH (back then called Roosevelt Highway, which opened in 1929) followed what is now Latigo Shore Drive. In the later 1940s when PCH was rerouted over the bluff, Latigo Shore Drive was turned into a private street, and today the street's name changes as you move from east to west; the street branches off from PCH and is called Seagull Way, then becomes Latigo Shore Drive, and then becomes Malibu Cove Colony Drive: 26652 Latigo Shore Drive, Malibu

~ Charles Bukowski

Last edited by sopas ej; Feb 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM.