View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
330 Berry is right along King, but 335 Berry is on Mission Creek. I believe that those buildings you are referring are commercial and possibly part of the biotech campus. I saw the blueprints for the entire Mission Bay development area and I think that the only residential development that has begun construction south of the channel is Radiance.
If the project we're talking about is just to the east of 280 and just north of the Gladstone Institutes building, then that's 1500 Owens, part of Alexandria's biotech campus. They've just finished piledriving for that project. It looks like they may also be starting some driving for other projects there too...probably the parking garage tucked up against the freeway there, but possibly 1600 Owens as well.

Piledriving for other biotech projects is also being done on Block 26 between Third Street and the Lowe building that's almost enclosed now.

In addition to Radiance, there's one other South of the Channel residential project going up, and that's 555 Mission Rock. The tower crane went up a month or so ago, and the first above-ground concrete pours have been done.

Edit: Having just taken a walk through the area, I'll clarify a few things. They've taken down the piledriver at 1500 Owens, so that's it for now in that area. They've done some grading where the parking garage will eventually go, but that may just be for construction parking for now.

They're also working north of that site on getting ready to surcharge the future streets. Sixth Street just south of the channel has been closed for a month or two now (permanently, as a new street grid is going in), and they've graded a large area heading over from there to the freeway, where the roads will connect through to Seventh Street. They've just started installing the wicks for the surcharging. You can clearly see where the roundabout is going to be, as it's a sea of blue and white flags marking the locations for wicks...probably a neat view from above.

Piledriving for Phase II of Radiance has to be nearly finished. They've been driving piles there for what seems like forever, and the lot looks like just about every square inch has had a pile driven into it. There were two piledrivers working the site for a long time, but it's been down to one finishing things up for a few weeks now.

Piledriving for the Block 26 biotech buildings continues apace. 160-170 ft. piles being driven in this area...that can't be cheap.

Steel continues to rise on 409 Illinois...all of it has reached two stories, and parts are up to four stories now. Foundation work continues on its partner building at 499 Illinois...I assume the steel crane will start there once it's done with 409.

Last edited by WildCowboy; Oct 22, 2007 at 9:42 PM.