View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 8:26 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

UPDATED 4:14 PM
Power Problem Causes Delays For Amtrak, NJ Transit Trains
By: NY1 News

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...transit-trains

Quote:
New Jersey Transit and Amtrak trains are still experiencing residual delays of up to 30 minutes due to electrical problems along the Northeast Corridor.
Manhattan-bound New Jersey Transit trains were stopped during the morning commute between New Jersey and the city.

Officials say there was a problem with a transformer outside one of the North River Tunnels.

New Jersey Transit says inbound and outbound Midtown Direct train service has resumed.

At one point this morning, there were two disabled trains in one of the tubes and about 1,500 passengers were stuck for about two hours.

There were also two trains disabled on the New Jersey side.

Passengers who spoke with NY1 at Penn Station said they were frustrated by the widespread delays and cancellations.

"I haven't heard anything. I just know it's gotten worse throughout the day and they haven't really explained why there's these delays going on," said one traveler.

"I've been sitting here at Penn Station since 10 this morning waiting for the 10:38 to Bayhead. It's now about 11:20 the train still hasn't come in and they haven't posted a time," said another.

Amtrak and New Jersey Transit customers should expect lingering delays in and out of Penn Station.

PATH says it is honoring NJ Transit tickets and passes.

For more information, visit njtransit.com or amtrak.com.

© 1999-2011 NY1 News and Time Warner Cable Inc. All Rights Reserved.