View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 8:58 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
It was initially reported as I stated. Ted Cruz is acting like a petulant child; he's soo offended by the "not that big a deal tweet" about his wife yet forgets that he started the food fight. Oh, but Cruz feels entitled; he's demonstrated that often.

The biggest reason I supported Trump over Cruz in the primaries is fear of his SCOTUS appointments. Totally scary.

All due respect but since when did you become a crazy social conservative? Cruz checks every box prayerfully and is the antithesis of equal rights and opportunity. His highest priority as President would be to appoint judges that would overturn the Same Sex Marriage decision.

I understand that Cruz is intellectually extremely smart and parses what he says very, very carefully but if you think Cruz is NOT racist and Trumps is, then you can't see the forest for the trees. I'd venture it's closer to the opposite. I understand Trump says not-politically correct things that liberals auto-jump for the racist tag but that's just politics. Lynne Patton clearly disagrees with your opinion.
I don't see how you chalk up Trump's Republican Party Platform and Vice President choice as an improvement in tamping down social conservatives. This current GOP Platform is the most anti gay platform in the history of the party. More so than in 1992 and 2004! The difference is that it's 2016! And forget abortion judges. Trump has totally caved to social conservatives. Both Trump and Cruz would be a step backward.