View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2016, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
I'm so upset about this. What the Fuck? Those developers suck, they had contempt for the neighborhood. Then Obadno and Phx31 start their typical old is bad, corporations are people bullshit in defense of this fucked up maneuver. Why be part of a city forum if you don't give a fuck about the past?
Read any of the rest of my posts about this subject in this thread.

No, I'm serious Hoover. Their plans came out after their first meeting. This building and project is likely a goner now and I'm putting very little on the developer. To me it sounds like bending over backward for the developer is more painful to you than losing the building. Perhaps the GPLET should have been given to save even the small corner of the building like they were proposing if it's so important. That's what we could get, that's all.

They started doing the demo not in good faith, but that's their prerogative. The "community" (quotes because I'm sure not everyone was taking such a hard line) seems to have had much less leverage than they thought with the GPLET. Don't want to give them one? Fine, They probably have a backup plan. But your hard line will probably cause the loss of the building.