View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2013, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetM View Post
I looked over the area and saw it during a previous discussion of Court Circle, but I think that was when I was still a lurker - I hadn't registered to post yet at the time. If you go south down the block, there are two more sets of stairs to nowhere, and then there is an unsigned corner which is the stub end of Mignonette Street. Today's Mignonette stops in a cul-de-sac on the other side of the freeway.
I don't know why I didn't bother to look any further south than I did last night (chalk it up to it being late) but you're totally correct -- there's plenty more to ponder.

So once again, here's the area in question looking east:

1940, USC

And looking west:

1910s, USC

Last night I showed the roadbed and northernmost of three stairs that still exist, so now let's hop back in the Googlemobile and tour the southern portion. These are the middle
stairs at roughly 280 Fremont (with the northern stairs visible at far right):

Another angle of the middle stairs:

The southern set of stairs:

And the stub of Mignonette Street:

Now putting it all together, here's the remains overlaid on an aerial from 1948:

So I've done about all I can from 3,000 miles away -- who wants to go out in the field, maybe break some laws and get some REAL pictures? I want closeups of all this stuff!